less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
For the pancake batter
- 100g/4oz plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 150ml/5fl oz coconut milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for brushing
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- a good pinch of grated lemon zest
- a little oil or butter for making the pancakes and for greasing the pan
For the stuffing
- 10-12 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 80g/3oz palm molasses or jaggery, coarsely grated (or brown sugar)
- ¼tsp ground cardamom
- ¼tsp nutmeg, grated
Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg, coconut milk and melted butter. Whisk to a smooth batter, then stir in the vanilla and lemon zest. It should have a thin pouring consistency.
Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing.
Heat a little oil or butter in a 15-18cm/6-7in frying pan. Pour in enough batter to coat the bottom thinly, tilting the pan to spread it. Cook for 1 minute, until lightly browned underneath, then flip over and cook the other side. Turn out and make the remaining pancakes in the same way.
Divide the filling between the pancakes and roll up. Place on individual serving plates, brush with melted butter and heat through under the grill.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.