less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
From The Hairy Bikers and Lorraine Pascale: Cooking the Nation's Favourite Food
- 100g/3½oz cooking chorizo, diced
- 200g/7oz tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g/7oz tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices toast
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
Place a saucepan over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the chorizo and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until starting to crisp.
Add the drained chickpeas and tinned tomatoes, then stir in the thyme. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce has warmed through and thickened to your liking.
To serve, spoon the chickpea mixture on top of the toast and garnish with parsley.