less than 30 mins
1 to 2 hours
Lorraine’s simplified version of French macaroons is sure to impress and they look just as pretty as the real thing.
Equipment and preparation: you will need a piping bag fitted with a 1½cm/¾in plain nozzle.
For the meringues
- 100g/3½oz desiccated coconut
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 4 free-range egg whites
For the ginger filly Chantilly
- 200g/7oz low-fat cream cheese
- 2½ tsp icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 2 knobs stem ginger (from a jar in syrup), really finely diced, plus 1 tbsp of the ginger syrup
- 8 medium-large strawberries, hulled, pointed ends trimmed and each one cut into 3 discs