less than 30 mins
1 to 2 hours
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the pork rack
- 1.25kg/2lb 12oz French-trimmed, four-rib pork loin rack
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Asian salad
- 1 apple, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 100g/3½oz salted cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, inner leaves only, finely shredded
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 hot red chilli, finely chopped
For the pork rack, remove the meat from the fridge and leave the pork to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Score the skin of the meat and rub the meat all over with the oil. Season the meat all over with the salt and pepper. Place the pork skin-side up in a roasting tin.
Roast the pork for 30 minutes and then pour the lime juice over the skin. Place back in the oven and continue to cook for another 30–45 minutes, or until the very centre of the meat has reached 70C when checked with a meat thermometer. Leave to rest for at least 15 minutes and then cut into four pieces.
For the Asian salad, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together in a small jug and add just enough water to create a drizzling consistency. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to mix.
Serve the pork with the salad.