30 mins to 1 hour
10 to 30 mins
For the pasta
- 200g/7oz ‘00’ pasta flour
- 2 free-range eggs
For the filling
- 200g/7oz salmon fillet, skin removed
- 200g/7oz cod fillet, skin removed
- 1 free-range egg white
- 600ml/21fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the butter sauce
- splash white wine vinegar
- 100ml/3½fl oz sweet white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 150g/5½oz butter
- 3 slices smoked salmon
- 2 baby leeks
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
To make the pasta, put the flour into a large bowl with the eggs and mix together until you form a dough. Cover and allow to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
To make the filling, put the salmon, cod and egg-white in a blender or food processor and blitz to a smooth paste. Stir in the double cream, season with salt and pepper and leave in the fridge until chilled. Transfer to a piping bag.
Roll out the pasta on a lightly floured surface until about 2mm thick. Cut out even-sized circles from the dough using a knife or a cookie cutter. Evenly divide the filling between the centres of the pasta circles. Fold the dough circles over and pinch the edges together, pressing firmly to seal.
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the ravioli and leeks for 2 minutes.
To make the butter sauce, add the wine, vinegar, and shallots to a pan and reduce. Whisk in the butter and set aside.
Lay the smoked salmon into 2 serving dishes. Add the leeks and top with the ravioli. Spoon over the butter sauce, sprinkle with the herbs and serve.