less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the sea bass ceviche
- 2 x 300g/10½oz sushi-grade sea bass fillets, skin removed and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, snipped
For the spring onion fritters
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 knob fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3–4 tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
For the avocado cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 1 lime, juice only
- splash green Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
To make the sea bass, place the sea bass slices in a non-reactive glass bowl and brush with the olive oil. Squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle over the shallots and chives. Stir to combine then cover and place in the fridge. Leave for at least 15 minutes or until the sea bass is opaque.
To make the spring onion fritters, preheat a deep fat fryer to 180C. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.) Mix the fritter ingredients together in a large bowl to combine and then form into small balls with your hands. Deep fry for a few minutes in the deep fat fryer until golden then transfer to kitchen paper to drain.
To make the avocado cream, blitz all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt.
To serve, spread the avocado cream over a serving plate and spoon the sea bass mixture on top. Finish with the fritters.