less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the marinated pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or white or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp runny honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 200g/7oz pork fillet, trimmed (or any meat or fish)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the dressing
- 1 lime, juice only (or lemon)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (or other fresh herb)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
For the pasta bowl
- 75g/2¾oz tagliatelle or spaghetti
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 50g/1¾oz sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, cracked
To make the marinated pork, mix the soy, vinegar, honey and ginger in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Brush the pork fillet all over with the marinade.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the pork on all sides to brown. Transfer to the oven for 6–8 minutes, until cooked through. Put a skewer into the centre of the meat and check the juices are clear with no traces of pink. Leave to rest and then thinly slice.
To make the dressing, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
To make the pasta bowl, cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions and then drain thoroughly. Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water and drain. Sprinkle the cucumber with a small amount of salt and mix with the sugar. Toss the cooked pasta in a quarter of the dressing and place in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Top with the grilled pork, broccoli, egg, cucumber and remaining dressing. Squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle with the sesame and coriander seeds. Serve immediately.