less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 200ml/7fl oz milk
- 60ml/4 tbsp double cream
- 100g/3½oz brown crab meat
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 125g/4½oz white crab meat
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 400g/14oz small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped micro basil, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160C/140 Fan/Gas 3.
In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks, milk and cream. Stir in the brown crab meat and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture into four ramekin dishes. Place the dishes in a large baking tray filled half-way with boiling water. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Leave to cool.
In a clean bowl, toss the white crab meat with the spring onion, olive oil and lemon juice.
Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the custard pots, spoon over the white crab meat mixture, sprinkle with the micro basil and serve.