less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 250ml/9fl oz dry white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 125ml/4fl oz fish stock
- 12 large oysters, freshly shucked, juice and shells reserved
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 12 Brussels sprouts, leaves picked
- 1 tsp oilive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put half of the wine and shallot in a saucepan with the fish stock and oyster juice. Bring to the boil and allow to bubble until the volume is reduced by half. Add the cream and simmer until the volume has reduced by half again. Finish the sauce with the crème fraîche and yolk and blend with a stick blender until frothy.
Put the sprout leaves in a steamer with a little water and oil. Steam for 3 minutes until or until tender. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the red wine vinegar.
Mash the avocado and add the remaining shallot, chilli, lemon juice and season with salt.
Heat the remaining wine in a saucepan and poach the oysters for 3 minutes.
Dress the oyster shells with guacamole, top with an oyster and drizzle with the cream sauce. Serve with the steamed sprout leaves.