less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
By Michel Roux Jr.
From Saturday Kitchen
- 1 red beetroot, washed
- 1 golden beetroot, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pink grapefruit, zested and segmented.
- 1 Chioggia (candy) beetroot, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 25ml/1fl oz gin
- 1 tsp juniper berries, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 120g/4½oz sea bass fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Scatter a handful of salt over a baking tray. Place the red and golden beetroots on the salted baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
Allow the beetroots to cool before peeling and dicing into 2.5cm/1in cubes. Mix with the garlic and grapefruit segments in a bowl.
Mix together the the gin, juniper berries, olive oil and mustard to make a dressing.
Blanch the courgette in salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh in cold water. Add to the beetroot salad and drizzle over the dressing. Mix well.
Rub the sea bass fillets with some olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a little grapefruit zest.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat and sear the fillets skin-side down for 5 minutes until crisp. Carefully turn the sea bass fillets over and fry for a further 1–2 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
Transfer the sea bass to serving plates and serve with the beetroot salad and garnish with the beetroot slices.