less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 3 small violet artichokes
- small handful flatleaf parsley, leaves picked, stalks roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
- 200g/7oz fresh tagliatelle
- 50g/1¾oz unsalted butter
- 150g/5½oz brown shrimps, peeled
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim the artichoke, remove the outer leaves and peel the stem. Thinly slice the artichoke and the stem lengthways. Place in a bowl of cold water with the parsley stalks.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Drain the artichoke and stem and add to the pan with the garlic, thyme, white wine and a dash water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside, discarding the thyme sprig.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving the water in a bowl for later.
Place a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the butter, cooked artichoke and stem, shrimps, chilli flakes and parsley leaves. Fry until the shrimps are cooked through. Tip in the tagliatelle, a ladleful of the reserved pasta water and the lemon juice. Season and toss well.
Serve in two warmed bowls.