less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
[col type=”one-fourth last”]
By Shivi Ramoutar
From Saturday Kitchen[row]
For the nectarine puff tart
- 3 large ripe nectarines, thinly sliced ( or peaches or bananas)
- 3 tbsp runny honey (or maple syrup or sugar)
- generous dash dark rum (or amaretto)
- large pinch ground cinnamon (or allspice, ground cloves or nutmeg)
- 1 ready-rolled sheet puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 lime, zest only, to decorate (or lemon)
- edible flowers, to decorate
For the cinnamon and rum cream
To make the nectarine puff tart, preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7 and preheat a large baking tray. Mix the nectarine, honey, rum and cinnamon in a bowl. Lay the pastry sheet out on a sheet of baking paper and roll the pastry edges up to form a 1cm/½in border all around. Brush the border with the beaten egg.
Arrange the nectarine mixture in the middle of the pastry. Slide the tart, on its baking paper, on to the baking tray. Bake for 15–20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden. Decorate the tart with the lime zest and edible flowers.
To make the cinnamon cream, place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks.
Cut the tart into slices and serve with the whipped cream.