less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Angela Hartnett
From Saturday Kitchen
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 375g/13oz spaghettini
- 2 tsp small capers
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 10 black olives, stoned and chopped
- 12 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté gently without allowing to colour.
Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes, until it becomes a thick sauce.
Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 8–10 minutes, until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, add the capers, chilli and black olives to the tomato sauce.
Once cooked, drain the pasta and toss through the sauce. Stir through the anchovies and parsley. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.