less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
- 105g/3½oz unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 4 spring cabbage leaves, taken from the soft inner leaves
- 1 tsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 free-range eggs
- 30g/1oz Bleu d’Auvergne cheese, sliced
- 30g/1oz Salat Traditional or Salers French cheese
Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and caramelise the sliced onion in 1 tbsp olive oil and 45g/1½oz butter for 15 minutes.
In a separate pan, fry the potatoes over a medium heat in 1 tbsp olive oil and 45g/1½oz butter until soft and golden-brown. This should take 8-10 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes on each side, until wilted and slightly blackened. Add to a bowl with the chopped parsley and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat some more vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the eggs, leaving the yolks runny. Add the remaining 15g/½oz of butter half way through cooking.
To serve, carefully lift the eggs onto a serving plate and top with the caramelised onions and potatoes. Garnish with the sliced cheese, cabbage leaves and parsley.