less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 110g/3½oz cooking chorizo, finely chopped
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 300g/10½oz chunky passata
- 15g/½ oz kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 75g/2¾oz cooked cannellini beans (tinned is fine)
- 8 free-range eggs
- 4 sourdough bread slices
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 100g/3½oz Parma ham
- 20g/¾oz basil or wild garlic, finely chopped
- handful freshly grated Parmesan
- rock salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sprig of basil, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/ Gas 6.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo. Once the chorizo has begun to colour and release it’s oil, add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar, then add the passata and cook until the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the kale, basil leaves and cannellini beans. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the mixture between four large ovenproof ramekins and make a well in the middle of each. Crack 2 eggs into each well and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the egg white is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
Meanwhile, drizzle the bread with olive oil and chargrill on a preheated griddle pan, or grill. Fry the Parma ham in a frying pan on a medium-high heat, until crisp.
Remove the eggs from the oven, season with salt and pepper and garnish with the basil and crispy Parma ham. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and serve.