less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- 10g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 4 x 200g/7oz skinless sole fillets
- 200ml/7fl oz good quality fresh fish stock
- 100ml/3½ozfl oz dry vermouth
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 200g/7oz green grapes, cut in half and deseeded
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4..
Lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish. Fold the fish fillets in half and place in a single layer in the dish. Dot with pieces of butter.
Pour the fish stock and vermouth around the fish. Cover the fish with a piece sheet of buttered aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just cooked.
Remove the fish from the oven and carefully pour the cooking liquid into a large frying pan. Cover the fish with the foil and put back in the oven to keep warm.
Bring the cooking liquor to the boil over a high heat. Boil until reduced to around 100ml/3½fl oz liquid. Pour the cream into the pan and return to a simmer. Stir in the grapes. Cook for a further minute, or until the grapes are hot. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Remove the fish from the oven and gently pour over the sauce. Serve immediately.