10 to 30 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the marinade
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 50g/1¾oz fresh root ginger, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g/1lb 2oz full-fat yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mixed grill
- 8 thick lamb cutlets, French-trimmed
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, skinned, flattened out and slashed
- 12 large raw king prawns, shelled, tail tip left on, deveined
- 400g/14oz salmon fillet, skinned
For the salmon
- small bunch fresh dill, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp drained capers, very finely chopped
- naan bread
- lemon wedges
- raita (optional)
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Divide the marinade between four bowls. Add the lamb, chicken and prawns to three of the bowls.
Stir the dill and capers into the remaining bowl and add the salmon. Massage the marinade into the meats, prawns and salmon, then cover and marinate for at least 1 hour – overnight if possible.
When you are ready to cook everything, heat your grill to its highest setting. Arrange the chicken on a rack over a lined tray and grill for 4–5 minutes on each side (this is how long the chicken will take after it has been flattened – if it is not flat, you will need to cook it for longer). Remove and rest. Add the lamb and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side. Again, remove and rest.
The salmon will need 4–5 minutes on each side, and finally the prawns will need just 2–3 minutes on each side, depending on their size. You could cook the chicken and salmon together and the lamb and prawns together if you like. Serve with naan bread, lemon wedges and some raita on the side.