less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
For the dressing
- 200g/7oz anchovies
- 4 garlic cloves
- milk, to cover
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 150g/5½oz butter
- 50ml/2fl oz olive oil
For the salad
- 2 blood oranges, 1 juiced, 1 peeled and segmented
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 small red chicory, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 Braeburn apple, peeld, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 celery heart, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 large bulb spring onions, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 baby peppers, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 coloured baby heritage carrots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 whole burrata
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing, heat the anchovies with the garlic in the milk until soft and the anchovies have dissolved. Add the cream, butter and oil. Bring to a simmer and then blend using a hand-blender to make a smooth, thickish paste. Cool before serving.
For the salad, juice one of the blood oranges and pour into a saucepan. Simmer until the juice has reduced in volume by half. Peel and segment the other blood orange.
Toss the vegetables, apple and orange segments in a salad bowl with olive oil, vinegar, a splash of the reduced blood orange juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Spread the anchovy dressing quite thickly on a large serving plate, put the whole burrata in the middle of the plate, and arrange the veg in a jumble around the outside. Serve.