less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
By Donna Hay
From Saturday Kitchen
- 75g/2½oz dried rice noodles
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 60g/2¼oz Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 4 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g/1¾oz bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- few small coriander sprigs
- chilli sauce
- kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
Place the rice noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until soft, then drain.
Place the garlic, ginger and oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic mixture and cook for 1 minute.
Add the noodles and the broccoli and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are starting to crisp slightly. Add the eggs and swirl the pan to cover the noodles. Cook for 4 minutes or until crisp. Place the bean sprouts, spring onion and coriander onto the omelette and fold in half.
To serve, cut the omelette in half and divide between 2 plates. Serve with chilli sauce and kecap manis to taste.