less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Cyrus Todiwala
From Saturday Kitchen
- 200g/7oz giant couscous
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1–3 dried red chillies, snipped and seeds discarded
- 3–4 thin garlic cloves, halved and thinly sliced
- 12–15 curry leaves, finely shredded
- 1–3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves, thickly shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the couscous and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until done, then drain well.
Add the oil to a large frying pan or casserole and fry the cumin seeds and dried red chilli until fragrant. Tip in the garlic, shredded curry leaves and chopped green chillies. Fry until the garlic is slightly coloured, then add the shredded spinach and cook until wilted. Add the couscous and heat through.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.