10 to 30 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
For the skewers
- bunch thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50ml/2fl oz red wine vinegar
- 50ml/2fl oz olive oil
- 600g/1lb 5oz kid goat meat (leg or loin), diced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
For the vegetables
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and finely chopped
- ½ swede, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp toasted and crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1–2 tsp sherry vinegar
For the dill yoghurt
- 100g/3½oz Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
To make the skewers, mix together the herbs, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in a large, non-reactive bowl. Add the goat meat and rub in the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight to marinate.
To make the vegetables, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan and sweat the onion, garlic and fennel until soft.
Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the swede and carrots until tender. Drain the vegetables and toss with the softened onion and fennel, dill and fennel seeds.
Mix together the honey and vinegar and dress the vegetables.
Preheat a griddle pan to hot and thread the goat meat onto skewers.
Add the lemon juice to the marinade left in the bowl and brush onto the goat before putting it on the griddle. Turn every 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or every 3 minutes on each side for well done.
To make the dill yoghurt, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
To serve, pile the vegetables onto a plate, place the skewers over the top and drizzle with the yoghurt sauce.