less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers' Cook Off
For the couscous
- 125g/4½oz couscous
- 125ml/4½fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 ready-roasted red pepper, shredded
- 50g/2oz toasted flaked almonds
- 50g/2oz dried apricots, chopped
For the skewers
- 200g/7oz halloumi cheese, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the salsa verde
- bunch parsley, chopped leaves only
- bunch basil chopped, chopped leaves only
- bunch mint chopped, chopped leaves only
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml/3½fl oz olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
For the couscous, place the couscous into a bowl and cover with the hot stock. Cover the bowl with a plate or cling film and leave for four minutes.
Uncover the bowl and fluff up the couscous with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For the kebabs, preheat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Toss all of the kebab ingredients together and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Thread the ingredients onto metal kebab skewers and cook on the hot griddle for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently.
For the salsa verde, place all of the salsa verde ingredients, apart from the olive oil, into a food processor and blend, gradually adding the oil until you have a loose paste.
To serve, spoon the couscous onto plates, top with the kebabs and drizzle with the salsa verde.