less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 10g fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 6 king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallops, each cut in half to make 2 discs (6 discs in total)
- sea salt flakes and pepper, to taste
- 1-1½ tbsp Shaoxing rice wine, to taste
- 1 spring onion, cut into strips
- 4 sprigs choi sum, or other Chinese greens
- 1 pak choi, cut into 4
- 30g/1oz mangetout, cut in half lengthways on an angle
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Heat the groundnut oil in a wok until smoking.
When hot, add the garlic and ginger cook for one minute, or until soft.
Add the prawns to the garlic and ginger, fry for one minute, tossing the wok or stirring the prawns with a spoon a couple of times.
Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Lay the scallops round the edge of the hot wok, to get a little colour on the sides.
Toss the wok or gently turn the seafood over, then add the rice wine.
Add all the prepared vegetables and gently toss until the choi sum and pak choi have slightly wilted – this will take a further couple of minutes
Add the red chilli and light soy sauce, to taste.
Divide the mixture into two bowls and drizzle half a teaspoon of sesame oil over each portion. Serve at once.