less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 6 large spinach leaves
- 9 raw king prawns, peeled and de-veined chopped
- 6 hard-boiled quails’ eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 120g/4½oz butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1cm/¼in pieces
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and blanch the spinach leaves for 20 seconds, refresh in cold water and lay flat.
Put the chopped prawns in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Wrap the eggs in the chopped prawns, place in a spinach leaf and shape into a ball.
Place a steamer on the hob and steam the balls for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan and gently fry the shallot and squash for 10–15 minutes, until softened. Add the lemon juice, saffron, salt and plenty of pepper. Add a little extra olive oil to make a dressing. Add the pine nuts and coriander.
To serve, divide the prawn and quails’ egg balls between two plates, spoon over the squash and shallot mixture and dress with radicchio leaves and lemon zest.