10 to 30 mins
By Niklas Ekstedt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the gravadlax
- 45g/1¾oz sea salt
- 1½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 30g/1oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 400g/14oz salmon, skin on and pin boned
For the potato salad
- 500g/1lb 2oz small new potatoes, boiled
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh lovage or flatleaf parsley
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and chopped
- sea salt and pink pepper, to garnish
For the sweet mustard dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 frisée lettuce, leaves removed
To make the gravadlax, mix all of the ingredients apart from the salmon in a bowl and then spread the mixture all over the salmon. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge overnight or for 2 days. Turn the salmon over halfway through so it cures on both sides.
To make the potato salad, mix the potatoes with the crème fraîche, lovage and shallots in a bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and pink pepper.
For the sweet mustard dressing, mix all the ingredients together and then use to dress the lettuce leaves.
When ready to serve, remove all the salt mix from the salmon. Slice the gravadlax and lay onto a serving plate, then top with the potato salad. Garnish with the dressed lettuce leaves.